BHGE Launches Subsea Connect and Aptara™ TOTEX-Lite Subsea System to Unlock Value from Offshore Developments
- Subsea Connect improves the economics of offshore projects and has the potential to unlock an additional 16 billion barrels of oil reserves globally
- Aptara™ TOTEX-lite subsea system incorporates lightweight, modular technologies designed for life of field and re-engineered to cut the total cost of ownership in half
- BHGE’s Subsea Production Systems (SPS) Catalogue is the industry’s first comprehensive SPS catalogue
With its fullstream portfolio and ability to make better connections
across the development process, BHGE is uniquely positioned to influence
approximately 80 percent of the costs associated with offshore projects.
This provides an unparalleled opportunity to lower operators’
Subsea Connect is a combination of four key solutions:
- Project Connect: BHGE’s independent workflow begins with targeted project outcomes, offering customers independent, flexible project assessment and management. The Project Connect approach eliminates project recycle, reduces cost and project overruns, and increases speed to Final Investment Decision (FID). BHGE’s unmatched breadth and depth of capability across the value chain enables early engagement at the concept evaluation phase and greater collaboration, transforming project economics.
- Reservoir to Topsides Technology Solutions: BHGE’s fullstream capability covers all aspects of a development, from the reservoir to the topside. This goes beyond the subsea scope and includes reservoir management, field development, well construction, topside optimization and subsea engineering. BHGE’s Aptara™ TOTEX-lite subsea system includes the lightweight compact tree, modular compact manifold, composite flexible risers, SFX wellhead solution, modular compact pump and subsea connection systems. These technologies are modular, structured, compact and designed to be more responsive to changing conditions across the life of field, cutting total cost of ownership by up to 50 percent.
- Flexible Partnerships and Commercial Models: BHGE’s partnership model is flexible and designed to leverage relationships with the most efficient, established partners to meet customers’ needs and improve project economics. BHGE’s innovative commercial solutions, aligned with customer priorities, help to unlock additional value.
- Digital Enablement: BHGE is layering critical technologies with next-generation digital solutions to drive greater uptime and enhance productivity. BHGE’s engageSubsea asset lifecycle management solution is one example, designed to optimize the planning, execution, and connectivity of subsea projects, resulting in enhanced execution and remote management of asset maintenance. engageSubsea will drive up to a 20 percent reduction in maintenance costs, and up to a 5 percent reduction in downtime through predictive analytics.
Saunders added: “We’re already delivering against Subsea Connect. In addition to the introduction of new technology solutions, we have invested significantly in structuring our subsea production systems (SPS) portfolio to ensure shorter lead times – by as much as 30 percent - and quicker responses, evidenced by our comprehensive SPS Catalogue, which includes a full suite of ‘Make to Order,’ ‘Configure to Order’ and ‘Engineer to Order’ variants. We have also signed an agreement with a major operator to provide the Aptara™ lightweight compact tree for deployment next year.”
Subsea Connect, the Aptara™ TOTEX-lite subsea system and BHGE’s SPS
Catalogue were unveiled today to E&P customers at a launch event in
About Baker Hughes, a GE company
Source: Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE)